Friday, March 11, 2011

Gas Still Rising

As I'm sure EVERYONE reading this is quite aware, gas prices have skyrocketed lately. Prices have risen 37 cents since Feb. 22. Experts are projecting the prices to rise to $4 in the near future. So the question everyone is asking, is why? Why are the prices rising so high? The civil war in Libya and discontent with the Saudi Arabian monarchy are the main causes. The demonstrations to take place in Saudi Arabia will have a huge influence on the prices of gasoline in the United States. Tom Kloza, the chief oil analyst for Oil Price Information Service projects that prices will peak to a nationwide average of $3.75 a gallon. But hey, it could be worse- this article states that Norway is paying around $9.60 a gallon right now!


I don't know about everyone else, but I have been tremendously impacted by this sudden rise. I work in Norwalk, CT Monday-Friday, live in Bethel,CT, and go to school in Danbury, CT! That's a whole lot of driving! I am praying every day that these prices start to decline, or I just don't know how I will be able to drive anymore! My car is pretty good on gas (Honda civic) but what about the poor folks with the SUV's?? I can't even imagine! Thoughts on the gas prices??


http://money.cnn.com/2011/03/11/news/economy/gas_prices/index.htm

3 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how people afford to drive SUV's still. The gas prices are just going to keep rising. I drive from southport everyday (which is near norwalk) to danbury four days a week for school, and then once or twice a week I drive to new milford, and back. I was also going to merriden once a week. I would easily spend close to $400, or $500 a month on gas especially if there were any extra trips.

    I really think it's time for the country to make alternate fuel sources more available to the general public while perhaps stimulating the American economy by producing these affordable hybrids right in america, and offering some sort of incentive to buy them. The ones on the market right now are just too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I can't wait for electric cars. Too bad we already had them for a while: http://www.ev1.org/

    It's no fun driving to South Windsor on weekends, I just got back an hour ago today... it takes an hour and 15 minutes and a quarter tank for each way :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a Honda CRV after having a Honda Civic, the mile per gallon is close, but definitely not the same. I think twice about taking a far drive to go somewhere... I spend 160 to 200 dollars a month but i live on the danbury bethel town line, I work in bethel and i go to school here in danbury, so i dont have to drive to far, but i definitely am hurting with this expense.

    ReplyDelete